13 February 2010

"and this is the Starbucks so Americans don't feel left out"-overheard in Staré Město

First weekend since before classes that I spent in Prague. And it was much needed. Didn't do anything really but sleep and catch up on gym time and homework, but it was the best just sitting around watching movies and sleeping and eating. haha now I sound gross. But it was good times.

I just looked down and my foot looks swollen. Could and probably is just in my head. Lets hope that clears up soon.

This is probably the first (and hopefully) last olympics that I will be basically missing. Since Vancover is a lovely 9 hours behind time here in Prague, and I have no idea how the TV thing works... AND no website will live stream to anywhere outside of the USA (thanks for thinking of Americans abroad NBC) I don't know what I'm going to do. There are 3 main sporting events in the year that I need to watch.
1. the superbowl. Missed due to a train ride
2. The olympics. I cant let apolo down.
3. March Maddness. Who knows how I'm going to be able to watch that, it was hard even in NYC
so this is actually a little depressing. I only watch Apolo bring the heat every 4 years and now I have to miss it. BLAHH. Im going to have to ask my professor who only talks about skiing how I can view this magic. Freakin study abroad!
You never really think about this stuff until you are 6 hours ahead and 40000 miles away from american tv broadcasters.

Guess what everyone... My birthday is this friday!!!!!!!!!! finally out of the teenage years and into my 20s. its about time. Ever since I have had t buy groceries and buy my own toliet paper I have decided that being 19 is a joke and unfair. while the difference between 19 and 20 is basically nothing, I feel this is an important milestone and come friday at 1:08pm (or I guess 13:08) Ican start living and making mistakes in my 20s. let the party begin.
haha you know what my favorite part about an upcoming birthday is? seeing it on the birthday list on facebook for the upcoming week. mine should be up soon!!!!! keep a look out for it!
plans for birthday? still up in the air a little but I'm thinking its going to be night in Vienna and night in Bratislava (slovakia), and hopefully some beautiful people currently residing in Florence will be there? (did I already write this last post? it sounds really familier)

plus Im making a list of things in Prague I need to see... and things in Europa I need to see. I might have to stay past may... till like 2012 to see everything.

Valentines day is tomorrow and for those of you who I haven't sent my holiday list to.. this is my second favorite holiday! which everyone finds to be insane since most people hate it, but I think it's great. I do wish there were valentines and valentines candy here. maybe I just really enjoy the commercialization of Valentines day in America. whatever it is... Im excited.

PS. I FREAKIN MISS PANCAKES. Wait till you move to a country without pancakes. Its not that I need them everyday but the option to eat them everyday is nice. First meal back in the states. Garbage plates and pancakes (maybe not at the same time).

So it's 2pm here and I'm going to bond with the American time zone and have breakfast now! haha.
1. if anyone figures out a way for me to watch the olympics.... let me know and I will love you forever and ever.
2. go syracuse! I believe we a number 2 now!
3. Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment