04 February 2010

missin the NYC

I want to try to write more. It's crazy how time goes by so quickly here, even though in nyc I had a job and harder classes and so much more going on. I do miss nyc a little, it became my home over the past 2 years and its hard being so far away from every home and packing and leaving all the time. But I do love Praha and this is definitely a great place to be and it's starting to feel more like a semi-permanent home for now. I think the hardest part is not being able to call and text people at home. disclaimer this is not me complaining!

ANYWAY- school is ok. Classes are really interesting actually, tons of reading but its a nice break from all the medical terms im used to. My cultures professor is absolutely amazing. He is so funny... well I think he is funny. And just for all of you Americans- Czech is a VERY difficult language. Every word has a million different endings depending on what adjective you use or the context of the sentence. This is going to be very difficult. Luckily I can use this language when I get home.... oh wait they only speak it in the Czech republic. haha.

10 Things I miss from America:
1. brewed coffee
2.Mac and cheese. easy mac would be so nice right now.
3. bigger showers... this wouldn't seem like something to miss but wait till your shower is miniscule
4. being able to communicate with everyone. Who ever said that people in the CZ like to speak englsh was a big fat liar
5. WEGMANS
6. homemade cookies
7. Java city- coffee and a banana chocolate chip muffin
8. Bobst library (haha I really do miss it!)
9. abc.com to watch all my guity pleasure tv shows on. nothing works here, not even hulu. I tried to watch desperate housewives on you tube-major fail
9 1/2. juice in a carton not a box. it makes things so much more difficult.
10. milk. milk here is really gross. its like sweetened. ugh.

The longer I am here the more I realize it will be a lot harder to sdjust to life back in America- note- find toliet with a push button instead of the normal ones.
( while on the subject im adding that I miss normal American toliet paper too).

haha luck has struck my travel plans once again. And by luck I mean the opposite. Apparently my flight is messed up a little so I have to spend the night in new jersey and get back to rochester the next day (the 16th instead of the 15th). boo continental airlines. Like I want to spend my first night back in America alone in a hotel in Jersey. oh well thats 4 months away. Time to enjoy the present.

This entry hasn't really described my days here, but honestly nothing really interesting has happened that is worth mentioning. I would like to tell you that this is just a great vacation, but its reality, Mondays and wednesdays I have calss from noon to 7:20, and tuesdays I have class 3-6 and before then I am usually doing homework that is due that night. Im trying to save money so I usually make dinner and do more homework. Wednesday night we had shit over rice night with some people in my building and cooked some leftovers and rice and had dinner.
haha And last night we went to Mecca- the trashy American club in Prague thats an hour away from our apartments. No comment.

Thursdays are my day off... and so far today I have showered, made lunch and watched the real world. Sometimes it's nice to just sit around and do nothing. I do have some errends to run so at least I'll accomplish something today. A few of us are going to Poland this weekend so I guess I have to get my homework done too.
I hope this blogg is still interesting for all those still reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment