28 March 2010

Current Kitchen Catastrophes in Praha and The rest of my Spanish Adventures

Before I continu with spring break... I shall inform you of the current happenings here in Praha. Got back to lovely weather, meaning cold and rainy. However my dear Lauren is here with her friends from London so all is well with the world...almost. Yesterday we went on the new Europe free tour of Prague,only my 4th time touring this city. I should be hired since I knew everyhthing they said considering I just took a bazillion midterms on the very subject. Also got to watch the half marathon for a while.

New goal- come back to Pragye within the next 3 years and run the marathon here.

After that we got some food, came back and I tried to organize the apartment a little before heading out for a fantastic dinner and dessert. We headed over to Václavské náměstí to meet up with a friend from Madrid and we found a cute cheap little bar for some vino before turning in for the night.

Woke up in the morning... absolutely not like p diddy (ok bad joke) and found that the power was out in my kitchen, meaning the fridge had not been on for a while as my frozen veggatables were basically cooked. Luckily I had nothing in the fridge but my roommates did and it basically smelled worse than... I can't even think of a comparison. Still isn't working so we currently have an extension cord running from the fridge to my room... welcome back to Prague!

Anyway back to the calm and working electricity country of Madrid. Day 2. Began like any other day in Madrid. I woke up, grumpy, woke everyone else up and went down to breakfast in pajamas to find everyone dressed and ready for the day. We had breakfast with some people form the hostel we had met the night before and then got ready and headed out. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. (nothing like the current rain in Prague that is beginning to come in through the open window...)After getting a little lost (good thing the city is small as we ended up on the opposite side as intended) we made it to Plaza de Mayor... a gorgous open plaza with tons of small resturants and musicians.


We then explored the indoor market that was right next door which had beautiful fruits and seafood displays and the most delicious looking chocolates ever. If only I had money/ any sort of income at the moment!
Then we made it to the royal palace which was huge and so nice to explore. There were tons of gardens and fountains to sit by and we even got in and were able to see a peacock behind the palace. I think the amazing weather we had made everything more beautiful and perfect than you might originally think. It was so enjoyable.


After hanging out in the palace gardens for a little we went to see a bascillica and then back to the plaza for a lunch of paella and sangria. Did we ever tire of eating the same thing every meal? Absolutely not. Then we got churros and headed back to the hostel. The boys wanted to Siesta so I went out and did a little shopping and got more coffee....I was finally beginning to feel like myself again with normal coffee to drink. and went back the hostel to catch up on my blogging and some fuhbooking. After their nap we went back to the park to take some pictures and explore a litte more, the found a nice little place for some... yes tapas...

and then we were going to go to this bar where you can get free tapas with drinks, haha yes overdoing it a little with the tapas. However it was closed so we wandered around till we found an outside place and got some drinks and bonded more, which I wasn't sure was possible, but it was. And then decided to go back to the hostel and hang out there for a little with everyone. This is the point were one of our new friends pointed out that I had used my converter to plug in my camera charger even though there was an american plug right next to it. my bad. I went to sleep early since we had to get up for our flight early and I was so tired.

SO the next morning was quite interesting. I woke up with the worst pain in my stomach, and after throwing up in the bathroom for a while I literly felt like was going to die. For those of you who don't know me, I never get sick. Ever. I was so weak I couldn't even carry my bag and could barley walk down the stairs. Hot mess. We made it to the metro where all hell broke loose. I felt really sick and so Chris managed to get me a plastic bag to throw up in.... however the bag had a giant hole in it. I wont go into details and luckily it was only stomach acid, and luckily people on the metro were really nice about it, but I would like to never talk about it again. I just felt it was something you all should know. I decided it was a kidney stone because this sharp pain kept comming back throughout the entire day, but my nursing skills (and common sense) told me I was severly dehydrated and so once I drank some water and ate an apple I was a little better. Done with that part of my life.

SO that was the end of the Espana escapades. African Adventures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment