21 April 2010

Tuesday: Day where things began to look down and up simultaneously.. and tshirt designs

Tuesday began as a very lesiurely day. slept in a little, had some breakfast and read the paper that was brought home from the Embassy (news paper not confidential documents!) After decideding it wasn't worth it to stress about the not getting to Prague within the month problem, or the fact that I was never going to be able to attend another class again, we set off in search of museums.

It's funny that I came to Prague worried that I wouldn't see everything and by the end was tired of seeing everything and would have been content to sit on the couch. The first museum we went to was closed, however we found a gallery area and saw a UNESCO site-- a display of works of art depecting poverty in the world I really enjoyed the paintings and chatting with the Greek lady working there-- about everyone's favorite topic, the volcano and how the world is basically shutting down.

We got on the metro to go to another museum and on the way a cell phone of someone in our groups was stolen. A really unfortunate thing that strangely I am so used it it didnt phase me at all. Half the group went back leaving me and my aunt to have a lunch date and do a bit more window shopping.

After some strolling around we thought of a plan- go see the olympic stadium. They were charging 3 euro to get in for the audio tour, and while I usually hate those things this was the best idea of my entire life. The stadium was absolutely amazing as was the view and the story behind it all.

I even got to do a cartwheel on the first olympic track. Coolest thing ever. totally worth all 1 euro that I paid as a student.

After we got some iced coffee and chilled at the house for a while. I took a little nap. Then the good news came- we had a flight! left at 5:30 am the following morning. So having a celebratory dinner that my mom made of pasta and veggies and chicken ( and wine of course) we watched another movie, packed, said our goodbyes and slept for all of 2 hours.

Getting up was a lot harder than expected. Our cab driver was a former Rochester Native who was happy to take us to the airport at the obscene hour of 2am. At the airport it was discovered that my ticket was on standby and 20 people had to not show up for me to get on. After a little crying and lots of worrying I was able to grrab a seat. Which was also amazing as the Slovak water polo team was on our flight and they were absolutely amazing looking. If only I wasn't looking like such a hot mess that very moment I might be dating an attractive Slovak athlete right now. What more could anyone want?

So flew into Budapest no problem and into Prague as well with no issues. It feels good to be home finally, even if my apartment is not nearly as nice and the weather sucks. It's still current home, although Athen's was beginning to feel that way as well.

So now In the Praha with mother and Aunt, getting ready to show them the city. I'll give the update on that one later!

No comments:

Post a Comment