05 January 2010

10 days until departure and still no idea what I need


So I have never done this "blogging" thing before...actually I have made fun of every person I have ever known who started a blog, yet here I am. This is my way of trying to document my time living in Prague. I'm trying this way out because I have tried to write in journals, and that never works. Maybe/hopefully this will work out better... and yes I know I still have to put in effort to write everything down. It's my new years goal.

So I guess I should start with the fact that in 10 days I am leaving America and heading to the Czech Republic until the end of May. Do I speak the language? no. Do I understand their trasportation system? no. Do I know anyone going over? yes...1 person. Will I have my cell phone? no. This may be a little difficult. But I'm ready for the challenge and the adventure that comes with it!

What are some things that I hope Prague delivers?
1. an amazing cup of coffee. I have no idea if they are big coffee drinkers but lets hope they are...because I will need it. If there is no coffee... I'm leaving.
just kidding.... kinda.

2. Good new bands. Wouldn't it be great to find some amazing Czech music and bring it back to America and be such a trend setter? haha lets hope.

3. an accent. I really want to gain an accent, which I know wont happen but it's time to shed this rochester accent and speak like the Czech!

4. A J-Lo Buttload of crazyness (translation: A LOT). Fun new experiences and adventures. I know I'm there for school, but thats not important. (ok it's really important but whatever)

Things I hope Prague does NOT deliver:
1. Salmonella typhi- or any hospital visits in general
2. horrible weather (side note- remember to pack umbrella)
3. arrests.... I don't think it would be good to complete my get arrested just once goal in Prague.

I'm not sure what the acceptable length of these posts are supposed to be. But I'll stop here so I can go make a packing list and figure some things out.
p.s. I'll try to post a picture with some of these, and I'll give it a try now. This is the apartment building I will be living in from January through May... yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment