07 January 2010

beginning to freak out

So yesterday when I posted I was totally excited. Today, while still excited, I realized how much I have to do before leaving. After a very unhelpful trip to the bank, and a last minute order of currency that will take longer to arrive becuse of its "exotic" nature, I decided I better get my butt moving and figure out everything I need before I ship off... or fly off.

Packing sucks. Like big time sucks. Ok so I haven't actually started yet, but the act of list making in preperation of packing is just as bad. How am I supposed to pack enough for 5 months into a suitcase that I would normally use for a week... or a busy weekend. I bring 4 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip, and now I have to pack 7 pairs of shoes for 3 different seasons for 5 months. This will be beyond difficult.

PLUS- there are many things I need to do before I leave America for a while. Like have a burger, a garbage plate, go to Wegmans a million times, take a bubble bath. There are probably so many more things that I just cant think of, but I have 9 more days to accomplish them.

Other than the giant list of things to accomplish and the packing thing, I'm quite excited to leave! Bring on the crazyness!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sam! OMG you have a blog!

    Have you ever heard of "collegefashion.net"? They have a series on "what do I wear there" with tips on packing for studying abroad. Maybe that'll help!

    P.S. I'm pretty freaking excited for you!

    ReplyDelete