15 January 2010

75.5 pounds


Reporting live from the Greater ROchester International Airport. Note INTERNATIONAL. The only international location it flys to is Canada. I could drive from here to Canada faster than I could fly there but whatever floats your boat.

So I'm ready. Bags packed, just barely. Weighed in at 75.5 pounds, which was better than the 85 pounds it weighed the night before. I was able to get it down to exactly 70 pounds- the limit- by taking out 1 dress, 1 sweater, and my favorite white wedges. I am very distraught. I don't want to talk about it.

It's weird and surreal to think that in 24 hours I will be moved into my new apartment in Prague (I would like to inturrupt this and mention that the cute guy I sat near just left, now I have nothing to entertain myself with) I'm ready, and totally nervous too.

another note- something in the airport just started singing and turning around. I thought it was a statue... I was wrong. Rochester continues to amaze me. hahaha and the merry-go-round music just turned into techno music. At least they are attempting to target the younger population.

ps. no phone. sadness. It's really strange sitting here and not having a phone to talk on or text continuously through all these layovers. I keep hearing it vibrate, but it's not here. I can do this.

I'm thinking I'm going to post twice today, once here and once in London. Except I think that possibly It might be tomorrow when I get there? I have no idea how this time difference thing works. I do know this blog is set on Czech Republic time already so the times it says I am posting is not entirely accurate.
(There is an army guy here and I'm pretty sure he is way younger than me... I feel so old right now my wrinkles are what probably scared that guy away.)

So I'm on to Newark then red eyeing it over to London. I'll take a picture there and post it. This lovely photo was taken last night circa midnight at Hots. Thats right I wanted to spend my last American night eating garbage plates out of styrofoam (if thats spelled wrong I don't really care) and watching trashy people come in and out. haha But it was fun and I was with my babies Christina and Michelle so it was worth it.( no, not actual babies... no kids for me. I hope this clarification isn't necessary). So I'm posting me and my garbage plate... the last supper if you will. (turned breakfast for carly since I couldn't finsh it.)

See you in London!!

No comments:

Post a Comment