19 January 2010

Dàm si Malà Kàva prosím



Bad News: COffee Heaven sucks. It's overpriced and the coffee isn't even that great. Now I'm on a mission to find a coffee place that tops coffee heaven (which shouldn't be hard)

Good news: I have stolen 2 forks already and it's only been 4 days.

pictures: I forgot my camera at home yesterday so this is my fridge with all that crazy Czech food... like that box of orange juice. I don't know how to open it yet.
second picture, the first fire escape built. It is attached to the opera house in which Mozart premired Don Giovanni. I thought that was so cool...go Mozart!

I didn't write yesterday... and I probably wont everyday because then everyone would get bored and not read this anymore. Yesterday was the first Czech class... which made me realize how hard it will be to learn Czech for the whole semester... but I'm ready! Yesterday was also fun... failed at getting my metro pass and we ended up getting lost for oh about 3 hours. It was actually fun to explore on our own and find our way home... using the map only once (ok twice).
We went out for a nice dinner with the entire building at an authentic Czech resturant... and the food was soo amazing. It was nice to bond with everyone too.

note- Czech milk; mléko, tastes pretty much the same, but it smells dfferently. strange.

Yesterday, My eye began to hurt, so naturally I assumed I had cracked my optic bone and the pieces were floating around near my eyelid. Woke up this morning with a swollen eyelid... that was attractive. My lovely roommate told me it was a sty... gross... but at least I know that my bones aren't floating around my face. my other eye started to hurt as well but I think that was my mind...again. But the actual sty is real. I hope thats how you spell sty.

Today after Czech finally got my metro card and then tried coffee heaven (sad face. we no longer discuss this) Then, by some Praha miricle, we managed to get the tour of Staré Mesto that we missed yesterday because we ended up in Nové Mesto instead. It is really a beautiful place, even with snow and rain and ice everywhere. What is especially interesting is that many Czech citizens around Prague were there during communism and all the changes that have happened since then. Especially today you could definitely see this place recovering from communisim and you can see the difference between places more west in Europe like Paris and Florence. As western as it has become and as Central as they like to be considered, you can definitely see the Eastern European still left here.

I feel that was very deep for my blogg.

In other words, I really like it here and I think that I'm going to really enjoy this semester and not want to leave in the end.

Na Shledanou!

No comments:

Post a Comment