25 January 2010

the sensored post


So... last night...I picked up the best souvenir you could ever imagine. A Czech license plate. You can say that I stole it, but perhaps more appropriately I actually "took it from a snow bank and hid it in my coat". It's actually really cool looking. For future reference, it is extremely difficult running across a highway while trying to hide a license plate in your coat. It definitely hit my chin a few times.

Question: Is it a felony to take a license plate from a snowbank? I didn't take it off a car or even near a parking lot. It was stuck in a pile of snow. I'm going to hope the answer is no. I'm hopeing that it's ok to post this story on the internet.

Disclaimer for the following secion: I am way above the legal drinking age. Mom and others opposed, may want to just skip this part...

So Czech's are famous for wine and beer (vino and Pivo). Back in the day (way way back) the water wasvery bad and you couldn't drink it, and since they didnt have coffee or tea yet, they drank beer. Breakfast lunch and dinner, it was always beer. This is a true story, also probably why beer is cheaper than water. So drinking beer in prague is something that the locals do, so I'll be in this country for 4 months, I have a metro pass and id,I don't want to stand out too much so, act like the locals...

we went to this lovely place called the Beer Factory. It's quite the operation. At each table is a center tap with like 4 different tap handles (I know they probably are not called that but you can picture this...) so every table has a number and you serve yourself beer and there is a tracker on the wall that tallys the number of beers your table drinks. each time your table drinks more than another table your box on the wall moves up. It's really fun to watch and pretty much like an entire resturant drinking game. Also- "great" techno music, plus some oldies and a montage of music from grease... which they played twice. We being classy Americans rocked out to the macarena. overall... and even though it is a bit overpriced (coming in at about 45 CZK per beer, or about 2 american dollars) it was a good time.

note- here instead of having coffee "to go" its "take away", which I love.

You would think that being our first (kinda second) weekend in Prague we would go and see the sights.
negative.
I spent saturday sleeping, going to the gym,and food shopping (and beer factory.... and the license plate thing) and sunday sleeping and cleaning. It was good. I needed the rest. Plus it was too freakin cold anyway.

class tomorrow.... let reality begin.... kinda.

2 comments:

  1. As a mom would say, "just be careful" Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having fun. I expected nothing less. Cali was rainy. Worst weather in california in 30 years. Still had fun. So I gotta ask, what's with the forks?

    ReplyDelete