16 January 2010

Jaurisova 6, Nusle, Praha 4



Greetings from the Czech Republic. I made it in one piece, with all my baggage, and haven't slept yet.This is the view from my bedroom window and the one with trees is from the balcony off the kitchen. I know I promised a post in London, but obviously I wasn't thinking as I had a 10 minute layover (aka I ran to the plane) and it was 6 in the morning my time and I was not in the mood to walk, so writing was definitely out of the question. Lets recap the fun fantastic flights I somehow survived...

Rochester to Newark- relatively normal. I was finally able to sit next to a normal person, our flight left on time, and I got pretzels. THe flight attendent was a young kid with braces and when I asked If I could have a half glass of water (so I wouldn'thave to pee) he asked if I wanted a half bag of pretzels too. no. I didn't.

Newark to London- LONG. I had a window seat and no one was sitting next to me. Some old guy moved to the seat on the asile, and his feet smelled bad, but he was nice and let me get up to pee a lot and let me put my feet on the seat inbetween and had a british accent so I was ok with that. The guy behind me, however, I wanted to hurt. He kept making weird noises while he slept and tapped the screen on the back of my seat far too much. I watched PostGrad. It was pretty stupid. Then I watched 10 minutes of fame and began to feel really embarrassed, not just because I was watching Fame but because it was pretty bad. After my nap ( i know, this is so exciting) I watched the beginning of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I don't remember why I didn't finish it. oh wait yes I do. I looked at my boarding pass and realized out plane was supposed to land at 6:45 am and my next flight was at 6:55. Bad Words.

In the end everything was fine and I made it through security and to the gate in time... possibly because Heathrow was dead at 7am. Luckily I have a 2 hour layover next time so I can explore a little (and meet Lauren for coffee!!!).

The flight to Prague was good... I think. I couldn't stay awake at all. I was going on 14 hours of travel, no sleep for 24 hours, and everything was said in a language I didn't understand. The snack was great though- a hot cheese and tomato sandwich on cibbata bread. and apple juice. I had apple juice on each flight. I had so much apple juice.

And now I'm in my new Prague Apartment, sipping my Czech tea and dreaming about when I can sleep tonight (and shower). This apartment is amazing. It is soo big. There are 5 people, 2 bathrooms (which consist of a toliet room and the sink and shower room, 3 dinning room tables and chairs with them, a fully stocked kitchen supply wise with everything you need, and a dishwasher and water heater thing. I share a room and it is huge. Basically I can definitely handle this for the next 4 months.

tonight we are getting pizza with some other NYU students... and tomorrow starts the crazyness of orientation... at 10 am. I feel like I will truely understand Jet Lag by 10 am tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with orientation and your classes. We are so proud of you. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is going well! Happy we were both in the same country for a few minutes and so excited for coffee on the 15th! Please post pictures of the inside of your apartment!

    ReplyDelete