09 January 2010

Me: "I'm going to be living in Prague for 4 months" Stranger: "shit I still live with my parents"


Got my moneys!! I'm so glad I paid the extra 12 dolla bills to get it here by the 13th and it comes 2 days after I order it. I am grateful it came before I left, but still. 12 dollars. Things appear to be falling into place, however so is the snow and if that keeps falling someone might be stranded in the Rochester airport while her flight across the ocean leaves without her... lets hope this does NOT happen.

I almost lost it yesterday. I felt like I had nothing done and I was going nowhere... so the mother and I went to Wal-Mart to get some essentials. They are stopping makeing my favorite shampoo for curly hair. Now its for "tousled hair". I don't even know what that means, but I bought the rest of the curly hair shampoo they had. Not even to bring, but to prove a point, that people like that shampoo. This would happen. I did buy some things I needed as well, like chapstick and toothpaste. I know you can probably get toothpaste in Prague, as I am assumeing they bruth their teeth, but I am really really picky about toothpaste, so I'm making room! I also bought candy canes which I don't need and I wont bring, but it was 17 ccents for a box, who wouldn't splurge on that?!

I still have a lot to do, and 6 days to complete it all. I'm trying to do things that I wont be able to do when I leave, like use my Hello Kitty toaster and watch tons of crap TV and drink massive amounts of dunkin donut's coffee. The essentials.

Question: should I bring my ear muffs abroad?

I'm trying to decide when I should begin the packing escapade. My large green suitecase is staring me down from it's current position in the corner of the dining room...But the thought of bringing it up to my room is haunting me more than the thought of the Czechs not having any coffee in the country. Not that it matters.... there is no space in my room for that suitecase as of now. Maybe I'll just open it at the bottem of the stairs and throw things down the stairs and hope for the best.

I feel like today is going to be more productive. I already took my second t last typhoid pill, my contacts are in, and the roads are finally clear enough so I can venture out into that crazy place called Rochester and prepare!
Lets hope I get something done other than purchasing too much shampoo and candy canes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment